nohypers

It is currently 03 Dec 2020 11:15

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Finish Line - "I'm done with this game"
PostPosted: 06 Aug 2018 07:15 

I remember having fun with a game called Highborn on my phone ages ago. It was a turn based strategy game but it was fun and didn't take itself too seriously. I think I only bought it because a friend knew someone involved in the development process but it was a good game, especially for an early mobile game.

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2018 10:37 
the enigma

I finished monument valley. it's sort of like Captain Toad crossed with the atmosphere of ICO

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2018 18:21 

Dark Souls 3 and its DLC.

It was very hard, but good.

I think i'm one of those people that likes Dark Souls 2 more though.

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2018 16:14 

Ahem, games what I done finished - 2018 Edition.

Evoland 2
LISA The Painful RPG / LISA the Joyful
Stray Cat Crossing5
Dropsy
Bloodborne: GOTY Edition
SOMA
NieR Automata
Tales from the Borderlands: The Vault of the Traveller
Undertale (normal, didn't do the genocide route)
Fallout 4's main story mission
Tales of Zesteria
Wait Extended
NieR
Night in the Woods
Dr. Langeskov, The Tiger, and The Terribly Cursed Emerald: A Whirlwind Heist
Darksiders 2 Deathinitive Edition
Awkward Dimensions Redux
Dark Souls 3: The Fire Fades Edition
Dark Souls 2: Scholar of The First Flame
Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky Second Chapter
Sonic Lost World
Assassin's Creed Syndicate
Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess HD

There are way less games on my "TO PLAY" list still left to play than there are finished ones. In fact, every game still on my list is a game I've either been gifted or bought on sale AFTER I first started this stupid video game list in 2014.

Last edited by Zephyr on 31 Dec 2018 20:29, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2018 17:09 

And once again I don't know how you find the time.

I tried thinking of the games that I'd finished this year and the only one I could think of was Starlink. There a a couple of games (like The Old Republic and Rock Band) that I play that you can't finish and a couple that I bought for the multiplayer (Mario Kart, Mario Party, Smash). I played some more of Pokemon Let's Go today and I've gotten a lot of the Pokemon now. I'm pretty much at the point where if I want to get any more I have to either find someone to trade with or catch them in Pokemon Go and transfer them across but I still haven't finished it. Maybe I should just bite the bullet and finish it off so I add another game to my list.

But yeah, technically I've only finished one game this year.

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2018 17:15 

I went over my YouTube channel (end shameless plug) and realised I'd finished a few more than that.

-Banjo Kazooie (Rare Replay)
-Perfect Dark (Rare Replay). Coincidentally I tried to play Perfect Dark Zero (also on Rare Replay). I remember quite enjoying it when it first came out on the 360, but I couldn't even play through the first mission. The original was just so much better, even with its shitty for these days graphics.
-Captain Toad Treasure Tracker

So my tally is at almost 5 games completed for the year.

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2018 14:03 

Well my year of completing every Assassins Creed game is almost at an end.

Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed II
Assassin's Creed brotherhood
Assassin's Creed revelations
Assassin's Creed iii
Assassin's Creed black flag
Assassin's Creed rogue
Assassin's Creed unity
Assassin's Creed syndicate
Assassin's Creed origins

I am midway though Assassin's Creed Odyssey, I probably won't finish it before the year ends but probably will by the time my leave ends.

Next year I intend to do the Metal Gear Solid series.

And from the top of my head I also finished

Red dead redemption 2
Captain toad
Lego DC Super villains
Spiderman

There's probably more but I can't remember.

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2018 15:27 

If you're mildly interested in what happens to Juno,
they killed her off in a comic where Desmond's illegitimate son helped a bunch of dull as dishwater assassins who for the most part only appear in the comics, team up with that angry Templar guy Osto Berg or whatever from Rouge, Unity and Syndicate. It was honestly a massive anti climax.
https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Assass ... d-Uprising

So they basically dumped the long running narrative they had already slapped onto the end of 3 (the game that was supposed to give you a "moral choice" for the ending and end the entire thing) in favour of this new thing they started in Origins and Odyssey.

Now even though I do actually care about the modern day story line, I wish they would just drop it at this point for how badly managed it is. But what really pisses me off about the AC series is that they always make the modern story seem to be intrinsically linked to the game overall, only to dump it when Ubisoft go "well we don't know how to get out of this corner we've written ourselves into". Mark my words, they'll do it again with whatever the hell they're trying to set up now with Origins and Odyssey's endings.

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2018 12:24 

I wasn't really into that storyline anyway. Apparently Odyssey has elements that were mentioned in books/comics, but I'm in it for the historical parts.

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2018 21:04 

That's a good approach by Stevo. I might do the same for the Arkham games and GTA IV and V.

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2018 21:08 

The only game I can think I finished lately is Mark of the Ninja Remastered. :(

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2018 07:21 

Surely playing all the AC games in a row would have got boring (same playstyle all the time).

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2018 20:29 

Just finished Twilight Princess HD on the Wii U, just in time for new year. I should edit that list.

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2019 05:38 

Bruce Lee wrote:
Surely playing all the AC games in a row would have got boring (same playstyle all the time).

It was kind of fun to watch the series evolve over time with incremental improvements in each new game. Plus give me an open world with things to collect and I'll sign up every time.

Sometimes new things didn't work, like the base attack thing in Assassin's Creed revelations which I avoided at all costs but for the most part each new game improved on the previous game. The only one that didn't seem to go anywhere new was Rogue which just seemed to be slapped together from leftover bits of previous games but even then it was still a solid game. The story pacing in ACIII was a bit off too.

I do prefer the ones set in big cities though, that's the only thing I miss in origins/Odyssey is the ability to spend most of the game traversing the world on rooftops instead of running around on the ground.

My favorites would have to be ACII, Brotherhood, Black Flag, Unity and Odyssey.

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2019 14:50 

Arkham City -XB360.

Talk about lazy game design - collect 400 trophies/riddles just to complete a side mission for the Riddler. I hate games like that but I did it.

I can live with 120 stars / 8 red coins per world ala Super Mario 64 but 400 is too much.

I can only think Arkham Knight will be the same. :(

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2019 15:23 

Assassins Creed Odyssey

Finally finished the story, found everything on the map, got 100% of the ubisoft rewards and platinum trophied it. Took me bit over 100 hours all up so I got my money's worth!

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2019 07:04 

Finished the story of Far Cry 4 over the long weekend. I really enjoyed the game but the ending was a bit of a let down. I was expecting something epic but the final couple of missions were pretty much the same as the capture the outpost missions but this time you have a bit of support from your allies and the final confrontation with Pagan Min left something to be desired.I'm not sure whether it was because of my choices during the game but it was almost as if the ending was rushed. I'm going to go back and try to 100%, might even go for all the achievements as well, but I think there's a couple of co-op ones so I might not be able to get those.

Otherwise Far Cry 4 was a fantastic game. Well worth the $9 I paid for it.

PostPosted: 15 May 2019 07:24 

Finished the first Borderlands. I enjoyed it but it did start to feel a bit empty after a while. The gameplay was still fun and I had a ball killing all the things. I especially had fun working my way around compound areas like Old Haven and Baron Flynt's fortress, choosing the best way to get around and slowly eliminating all the bad guys.

In the end this game suffered from the same thing that most of these games do: over-leveling. I didn't spend a long time doing the side missions either. It took me 16/17 hours to complete Borderlands including side missions to level up and I still finished the game 4 levels about the level of the enemies.

That's not to say I didn't enjoy it. I did, and the leveling mechanic allows you to go back to harder areas and try again later. I'll see how it progresses with Borderlands 2, then Borderlands The Pre-Sequel.

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2019 18:07 

I've sometimes had the desire to go back and play the Borderlands series but always decide against it. I have waaaaay too many games to play as is plus I feel the comedy might start to feel grating after a while.

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2019 18:12 

I've Witchered the Witcher 3 for the last time. Three hundred and eighteen hours for the Witcher 3, plus one hundred and three hours for The Witcher 1 and 2, so four hundred and twenty one hours in total of Witchery goodness.

As much as I loved it all I don't think I ever want to play the series ever again. I'm done with this game.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next