nohypers

It is currently 03 Dec 2020 12:37

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Finish Line - "I'm done with this game"
PostPosted: 18 Jul 2019 19:13 

Far Cry 4.

100% complete.

Found one of the secret endings (depending on which path you choose).

Killed them all. Pagan, Sabal and Amita.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2019 15:58 
the enigma

Finished Limbo and started playing Inside (Xbone). Both are really enjoyable platformers/ puzzle games. I love the atmosphere and paired back interface.

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2019 19:17 

I also just finished INSIDE a week ago. Loved it, loved the atmosphere, the puzzles were pretty clever and the symbolism and story gave me that 'what is going on? I think I know from all these little visual clues but I'm not 100% sure' feeling I've had with similar games like Half Life 2.

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2019 18:23 

Finished Link's Awakening. I loved it. It's basically the GB LA but the improvements they've made are pretty cool. For instance they've changed up the item swapping. Sword, shield, Pegasus boots and power bracelets are mapped to a button and the rest of your items are equipable to to Y and X.

But most of all the look of this game is so charming. All the characters and enemies are so cute and the music is understated in parts but fits in so well.

I'm a little disappointed with the Dungeon Maker part of it. Being a big fan of Mario Maker I had high hopes for this part. I didn't expect it to be as fleshed out as Mario Maker, but it's a stretch to call it a Maker. It can best be described as an assembler. Throughout the game you collect dungeon rooms which you can assemble to make your own dungeon. Each room may have certain characteristics, like chests, lock doors, mini bosses and bosses. The vast majority of it for me was completing Dampe's challenges, where you have to meet certain conditions to first assemble the dungeon, then complete it.

I haven't made any dungeons from scratch but I don't think I will. Apparently there's no online to share them in. If you want to share them with other players you need to load it onto an Amiibo and share it with a friend. I'm not interested in that.

It's still good fun and I'm going to give it another run in hero mode.

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2019 19:54 

Yeah I also just beat Link's Awakening. It was good.

I never managed to get that far into Oracle of Ages and Seasons so I'm really hoping they remake both those games in this style. Hell, while they're at it why not remake Zelda 1 and 2 on the NES? Then I'd actually play those games.

And yeah I agree the dungeon maker part was really lack luster and not worth it, I think I spent about 30-40 minutes fiddling around with it then never touched it again.

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2019 11:40 

I didn't think of that. I've always wanted to play through Zelda 1 and 2 but the thought of playing games like that was a bit daunting so I've just skipped it. If they remade them in this style I'd love to play them. Hell, they've got a decent 2D engine for it now that can do top down and side scrolling. Not sure I'd pay full price for them again, but both of them on the same cartridge? I'd be in for that.

Hell, even the Oracle games you could package together since they had some cross over. I'm super keen for that idea now.

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2019 12:01 
Like fingering a girl with a backwards vagina.

Location: Broken Hill - Yeah I don't know where it is, either.
Also finished LA. I enjoyed it, kinda want more. If they ended up doing the Oracle games I hope they also make the planned third game that they couldn't make work.

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2019 07:22 
the enigma

i finished The Stanley Parable and also The Beginner's Guide.
i enjoyed Stanley Parable but not enough to try and get all the endings ( I got around 6 i think)

The Beginners Guide actually made me think about a few personal things on a deeper level. It was refreshing to play something so different

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2019 16:29 

Guacamelee 2. 8/10

Awesome Metroidvania game, better graphics, animations, presentation compared to the first.

Had to deduct points because it seemed shorter than the first.
Also seems easier than the first game, unless it was a rebalancing issue on difficulty. Story could have been better.

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2019 15:11 
the enigma

I just finished To the Moon. I really enjoyed it and it's interesting to see what can be made with RPG Maker. The graphics have that old school 16bit feel. The story premise and plot were great and it was an enjoyable 4ish hours.

Going to play the 'sequel' - Finding Paradise and the other associated game A Bird Story.

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2019 16:49 
the enigma

I finished A Bird Story, it was only 80mins long. It's a nice little take, but not much to it.

I also finally finished Papers Please. I really enjoyed it, but only bothered getting one ending (number 12). It's wasn't had amazing as some of the reviews suggest, but defiantly glad I played it.

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2019 22:27 

Finished the story of Jedi Fallen Order last night. I really liked it. I loved the exploration and the combat. Looking back on it I'm not all that thrilled with how they introduced new Force powers but I understand they needed to do something to gate exploration.

I also wish I hadn't spent all the time at the beginning failing at killing Ogda Bogda or whatever the hell it was called early on in the game. I started playing on Jedi Master (2nd hardest difficultly) and when he kept destroying me I convinced myself that the game was too hard for be so I dropped it back to story mode difficulty and even then he was killing me. Turns out he was deliberately hard for beginners, because when I went back later on I ripped through him. Now I kinda wish I'd left him alone and continued playing at the harder difficulty. I think I'm going to do something that I haven't done for a long time: play a new release game through again.

A lot of fun, good puzzles and fun combat. The story is pretty decent too. The main character is a bit bland but I think the supporting characters make up for it.

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2019 11:59 

I just finished Jedi Fallen Order today. I played on easy because I wanted to experience the story more than have a huge challenge, and I probably discovered about 70% of the hidden stuff but I think I'm done with the game now so I won't go and find the rest of it.

It was brilliant though, once I had both pull and push powers I was flinging stormtroopers around like in Force Awakens. Really happy with how it ran on my new gaming PC too, played it in 4K HDR with everything at maximum and it looked beautiful.

and that final sequence at the end, fucking terrifying. They should make a Star Wars Survival Horror game just like that.

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2019 13:42 

stevo wrote:
I just finished Jedi Fallen Order today. I played on easy because I wanted to experience the story more than have a huge challenge, and I probably discovered about 70% of the hidden stuff but I think I'm done with the game now so I won't go and find the rest of it.

It was brilliant though, once I had both pull and push powers I was flinging stormtroopers around like in Force Awakens. Really happy with how it ran on my new gaming PC too, played it in 4K HDR with everything at maximum and it looked beautiful.

and that final sequence at the end, fucking terrifying. They should make a Star Wars Survival Horror game just like that.

I think you should give it another play through at a harder difficulty. I got scared from Odgo Bogdo from playing on Jedi Master, but really I should have just left him alone and come back later. I could have quite easily finished the game on my first run through on Jedi Master. I'm having as much fun on my second run through as my first because I've got a decent handle on the mechanics now (plus I've found a lot more extra stim packs than I did the first time through).

Yeah, that ending though. How awesome was it? Loved that last sequence so much.

I really hope Respawn get to make a sequel, although I was hearing rumours about EA being so hands off and not giving any marketing to the game because they wanted it to fail to use it as an excuse not to renew the licence contract with Disney, but Fallen Order has succeeded because of that I think. It's a well made game that fans have been crying out for but EA just kept saying 'Nah, here's your loot boxes, go play with them' and wondering why the second lot of Battlefront games failed. It's not an amazing game, mind you, but it's a fun game that fans can enjoy.

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2019 20:10 

I was hoping to finish The Last Guardian by the end of the year but it doesn't look like that'll be happening what with my PS4 deciding to crap out on me. And the PC port of Darksider remastered is all kinds of buggered so I won't be finishing that either.

So here's my 'Games What I Done list 2019 Edition'

Bioshock Remastered
Just Cause 3
Gemini: Heroes Reborn
Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam Bros
Defunct
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
Tales of Symphonia
Gravity Rush Remastered
Stardew Valley
Hyper Light Drifter
Final Fantasy IX PC port
Tearaway Unfolded
The Witcher 3 'Hearts of Stone' & 'Blood & Wine' (My favourite of the year)
de Blob PC
Anodyne 2: Return to Dust (Favourite "Indie" of the year)
DOOM 2016
INSIDE
Headlander
Abzû
MANDAGON
The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening Switch
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Valley
Paper Mario Colour Splash
Even the Ocean
Shadow Warrior 2
Watch_Dogs 2
Quantum Break

I've got a much smaller backlog to get through now. Nearly every game in my backlog is something I bought after I decided on this self-imposed rule of playing everything I own in order of release date (which I break on occasion when a game I really want to play comes out).

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2019 20:17 

What's funny is I actually completed more games this year than I did last, despite having much less free time with my part time work and masters studies.

If I were to explain where I find the time to play all these games (this isn't even counting the games I played for about an hour before giving up), I guess I just needed to unwind more, and since I hardly watch any TV and the only reading I do is 10 minutes every night before bed, my go to pass time is to load up a videogame.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2020 08:07 
the enigma

I've finished 3 games so far this year.

Yooka-Laylee: IL- I really loved this game. defiantly has that Donkey Kong Vibe as per frosty's comments elsewhere. I really enjoyed the dual level design as the changes made each level feel fresh. The final boss is hectic and to be honest, I didn't bother finishing it (only attempted once for 44% complete). I got all the Bees from the levels and that was enough for me

Her Story - This had interesting concept and I found the story intriguing. Ultimately I don't think it's a great game, but worth a go given you can get it cheap now and it is different. I might play the follow up game (Telling Lies) if it comes up discounted in my wishlists. I really liked the interface though, made me feel like I was using an older computer/screen

Gris - WOW. This game is stunning and the level design is fantastic. I played through it in only 2 sittings (its not long - under 4hours) but loved every second. I feel like it is the opposite type of platformer to Yooka-Laylee as it's so strip back. Having played Inside and Limbo last year these sort of paired back beautiful platformers are really starting to shape my view of gaming into something different. Parts of it had a little bit of a Miyazaki/Studio Ghibli feel to it.

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2020 13:40 
the enigma

I finished FEZ. I really enjoyed the level design and look of the game. I'm not going to find all the cubes, but I think it would be a satisfying game to get 100%.

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2020 07:01 
the enigma

I finished 198X (played on PC). I enjoyed it but would probably only give it a 5.5/10. It's full of 80s nostalgia but the games are more like 90s games. It is essentially 5 short games with a storyline over the top. The games are

Beat 'em up
Shoot 'em up
Racing
Ninja Game
RPG

All up the game is less than 90 mins with no replay value.

For the $10 I paid it's fine and I do want to see more of these games as they are different. If you watch the trailer you will know if you are interested or not

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2020 10:49 

I finished the standard version of Persona 5 last night.

125 hours. That was such an emotional ending.

I'm not going to play Persona 5 Royal since I really want to play an English translation of the Dynasty Warriors Persona 5 game, which is apparently a direct sequel to the standard version and not to Royal's extra 50 hour extended epilogue.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next