nohypers

It is currently 27 Oct 2020 17:00

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2032 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 98, 99, 100, 101, 102
 Post subject: Re: rate your day out of 10.05
PostPosted: 06 Oct 2020 09:20 
the enigma

what!? Thanks for the shoutout, totally unexpected!

congrats on the first SW New Play

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2020 14:04 

Thanks, it was fun, and also went longer than my Play Time videos. That's what happens when you don't have a script and just ramble haha.

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2020 11:34 

Just going through some old websites and trying to look up ones that don't exist anymore even with wayback machine. Oh well at least I have the memories still.

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2020 13:32 

I am so fucking angry at my work right now. this is going to be a ranty post so stick with me here.

Back in June I put in a request to work from home part time. Took them 3 months and me asking pretty much every week after 2 months to give me a verbal answer of "No because we said so". So I asked for it in writing. It's been 6 weeks and still nothing in writing. And I'm still asking every week. I'm not going away with this request.

Then I broke my finger and I've been in a rolling working from home situation since then because I haven't been allowed to drive (doctor's orders). It's been a rolling thing everytime I go back and see the OT or doctor I get another note.

Today I get a phone call from my boss's boss saying the working from home arrangement is being cancelled and that I'm to come back into work tomorrow. While that's annoying I can't really fault them for saying that it's just a broken finger and I can get public transport. It will be super annoying having a 1 hour return drive turn into a 3 hour public transport trip but they're not wrong and I can't argue against that.

What I'm livid about is that my next appointment is 2 days away. They didn't say "We agreed until Wednesday so you can have until then but no more after that", it was you're done come back in.

On top of that it feels like a very workplace political move. I feel like I'm being punished for trying to get an answer to why my working from home request was rejected. Think I'm going to have to get the union involved. I was leaning that way anyway but this has tipped me over the edge.

I've worked hard for this mob for 10+ years and I try to make things easier on myself and get a better work/life balance and they shit all over me. If I had another job to go to I'd be out the door in a heartbeat.

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2020 14:46 
the enigma

yeah that sucks. one thing I cannot stand is when employers cannot get back to you with an answer to question regarding employment. but when they need something from you they need an answer straight away

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2020 15:07 

I even made a snarky comment one day when my Director came into the office complaining about how hard it was to get an answer from a particular someone. I couldn't help myself I said "Yeah it's annoying when you can't get a straight answer". My immiediate boss almost did a spit take. Don't think the Director realised what was going on though.

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2020 09:11 

And now I'm feeling like shit because I've been ghosted. Been talking to someone via text for a couple of weeks and we met up on Saturday. We had a great day. She's a funny, interesting person and we had a ball together. Well I thought we did anyway.

I sent her a message Saturday night with a joke in it, didn't get a response. Wasn't surprised, she was heading out for drinks with her mates.

Sent her a message Sunday morning asking how she was feeling after her night out, no response.

Sent her a message last night with some lame-ass message about how my joke from Saturday wasn't the best but how did I not even get a sympathy 'lol'?

3 messages in 3 days isn't much either. Pretty much for the 2 weeks we'd been talking we were messaging each other every hour.

Now I'm wondering if it's something I did or something I didn't do? She aluded to some past trauma in her past and only recently starting to get out again so I'm wondering if it might have been a bit much for her and she's pulled right back. I'm even wondering if she's just an evil bitch and gets off on doing this to people (I really hope that one's not the right answer).

Most of the dates (by that I mean pretty much all of them) I have there's no real attraction. They were interesting to talk to for a bit but nothing there. With this woman there was definately attraction from me and I thought there was from her (the date ended with some kissing, so I really hope I wasn't imagining it) but to hear nothing from her since our date is driving me insane.

THIS IS WHY I DON'T DATE!

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2020 09:16 

Also, apologies for the last couple of rants. Feeling the pressure the last few days and with my work I can't really post stuff on social media about it (I'm reasonably sure there's office politics involved and I want to make sure I don't put a foot wrong there) and I don't want to be that streamer that advertising everything to everyone.

I've got mates I could call but I prefer to have these chats in person and I can't bloody drive!

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2020 11:35 

That REALLY sucks to hear and I'm sorry you've been put through that.

Sometimes people are so emotionally immature and lacking in emotional intelligence, they'll just ghost after a date and hope you just leave them alone rather than admit it and tell you they weren't really feeling it, or worse pretend it was going well when in truth they had no intention of carrying things on.

It's a really callous thing to do, straight, gay, lesbian and transgender people all do this and it can really put you off dating. You've got every right to be both upset and angry, but in my mind when that happens (it's only happened to me twice) I feel that if that's the way they're going to treat me I feel I don't really want to know them after that, and that they've got their own shit to sort out if they hope to be a better person. And if they don't think that then honestly they really were a shitty person and you can do and deserve better.

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2020 17:25 
the enigma

You never need to apologise for your ‘rants’. If it helps in anyway to lay it out here then do it. Hell, if you really need someone to talk to message me on here and I’ll set up a zoom meeting so we can chat face to face (so to speak). That’s not an empty offer, I really mean it.

Sorry to hear about you being ghosted. I think Zephyr summed it up well.

It seems like such an unfair thing to do to someone. You can really only control your own behaviour and actions in this situation. Clearly at the least she has communication issues, but probably even more than that

Hang in there mate.

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2020 17:19 

Thanks guys, really appreciate it.

In the good news side of things I saw the OT today and I don't need to wear the splint at all anymore AND I CAN DRIVE AGAIN!

The OT is really happy with my progress and I should get full use of my finger back, which is good news.

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2020 17:36 
the enigma

You will be able to do two middle fingers at the same time again. sounds like you know a few people who need it at the moment :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2032 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 98, 99, 100, 101, 102